VFW Auxiliary National Singing Contest
A video solo vocal performance of The Star-Spangled Banner.
DUE: MARCH 31, 2023
Entry will be judged on vocal ability, mastery of lyrics, originality or interpretation and entertainment value.
- Video of contestant’s solo vocal performance of The Star-Spangled Banner must be recorded between July 1 and March 31.
- One entry per contestant.
- Student shall state name, age and grade level prior to vocal performance.
- Student may sing a cappella, with backing tracks or instruments.
- Student may sing in the arrangement and genre of their choice.
- Student entries must be submitted to a sponsoring participating VFW Auxiliary by March 31.
- Student may NOT change the words. Student may NOT lip sync.
- Video must be a recorded live unedited version.
- Complete and sign contest entry form. Parent/Guardian signature required on entry form.
- Video must be saved on YouTube and submitted with completed entry form to a VFW Auxiliary
- for judging.
VFW Auxiliary is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or poor-quality video entries. All scores are final as received from the judges. Falsifying information on the entry form is reason for immediate disqualification. All contestants agree to abide by the contest rules. Any violation of these rules shall be cause for immediate disqualification and forfeiture of award.
To acquire contact information and application assistance in your state please email firstname.lastname@example.org
VFW Auxiliary Judging and Deadlines
- March 31: Student entries must be submitted to a participating sponsoring VFW Auxiliary.
- April 15: One winner from each VFW Auxiliary advances to the VFW Auxiliary Department (state).
- May 5: VFW Auxiliary Department (state) winners due to VFW Auxiliary National Headquarters.
- July: Students will be notified of entry status via the email address provided on the entry form.
- August: First through third place winners named in each of the two grade divisions on VFW Auxiliary National Headquarters social media pages and shown at the VFW Auxiliary National Convention.