The VFW Post 4278 is just 19 miles east of downtown Vancouver, WA on HWY 14, nestled in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge. We meet for coffee on Wednesday and most Fridays at 9 am at the Camas Community Center, 1718 SE 7th Avenue, Camas. Come on out, we will keep the coffee hot.
Our Post business meetings are on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7 pm at the Community Center. Auxiliary business meetings are on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 9 am at the Community Center.
Membership in the VFW is only open to veterans who have served in a foreign war or served in hostile waters and are entitled to the campaign medals. However, anyone in the member’s family may join the Auxiliary. Please contact us for more information.
The purpose of The VFW Post 4278 and Auxiliary are fraternal, patriotic, historical, and educational. Its aims are to preserve and strengthen comradeship, assist our veterans and their families, to maintain true allegiance to the government of the United States of America and to foster patriotism through its programs.
July 4th – 6th Annual Heroes Challenge Run. Pendleton Outlet Parking Lot. Race Registration at 08:30. To view, print and download flyer please click here.
Blogger – Want to view updates for the VA or items that may pertain to you. Or have something of interest you would like to share? Check out our comment page by clicking here.
Veterans, their families, caregivers, and survivors often ask, “Where do I start?” Whether you or your loved one just got out or you hung up the uniform years ago, the VA Welcome Kit can guide you to the benefits and services you’ve earned.
Click here to view and download the VA Welcome Kit
Need to know more about the VA Community Care (Mission) Act? Click here for more information.
Hello VFW Post 4278 Post Members – From Georgia Rich
May is Military Appreciation Month. Below is a list of dates we want to remember. Please take the time to reflect on these dates and know how much we appreciate each and everyone of you.
- Loyalty Day (May 1) – Loyalty Day is a day set aside for the reaffirmation of loyalty to the United States and for recognizing the heritage of American freedom.
- V-E Day (May 8) – Victory in Europe Day (commonly known as V-E Day), marks the formal acceptance by the Allies of World War II of Nazi Germany’s unconditional surrender of its armed forces, therefore marking the end of World War II.
- Military Spouse Appreciation Day (May 8) – Celebrated the Friday before Mother’s Day, Military Spouse Appreciation Day was first recognized in 1984 to acknowledge the contributions, support and sacrifices of the spouses of America’s armed forces.
- Armed Forces Day (May 16) – Armed Forces Day is a day to honor Americans currently serving in the five branches of the U.S. military as well as the National Guard and Reserve units.
- Memorial Day – Observed (May 25) – Memorial Day is a day to honor the men and women who died while serving in America’s armed forces.